[mythtv-users] USB to Serial Adapter cable for IR Blaster?

Ben Eisemann ben at locojeeper.com
Tue Mar 16 14:58:38 UTC 2010

Hey gang,

digital conversion...

I have ordered 2 serial IR blasters from http://www.irblaster.info
only to realize that my backend's motherboard (an Asus M4A78 Pro) only
has one serial port, and off an internal header at that.  Yes I
realize I can buy a serial port bracket for under $5, but that still
only leaves me with 1 serial port.

Has anyone had any success running the USB to Serial adapter cables?
I read (okay, skimmed) an article in Linux Journal about kernel driver
versions and it just made my head hurt.    Is there anything out there
that I can use?

I'll save the rest of my "comcast and their greed is ticking me off"
rant for later.

- Ben