[mythtv-users] How do you stop automatic commercial flagging?

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Mar 16 14:48:46 UTC 2010

On 16 Mar 2010, at 13:20, James Pifer wrote:

> I'm trying to see if commercial flagging is having an affect on periodic
> bad recordings.
>
> My myth version is: 0.21-193
>
> I've gone into Setup/Setup/TV Settings/General
> On the Jobs screen I've unselected Run Commercial Flagger
>
> New recordings are still being commercial flagged. Is there something
> else I need to do?

It's likely that you have existing record rules that still have commercial flagging enabled, the change you just made only affects new rules that you create.
Need to go to Manage Recordings/Recording Rules and in each rule in Post Processing disable the "commercial flag new recordings" If you use MythWeb it seems much quicker to me than the FE but depend on how many rules you have.

I've just been through all my rules to remove this from them as I am debugging a performance problem (sata disk io) that was being made a lot worse by commercial flagging. Commflagging runs at a well behaved low priority but I found if your hardware or drivers are dodgy it really makes a mess of ongoing recordings.

Andre