[mythtv-users] Firewire DCX3400 Support?
mythtv at heathsworld.com
Tue Mar 16 02:52:24 UTC 2010
On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Andrew <mythtv at heathsworld.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Rod Smith <mythtv at rodsbooks.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday 24 December 2009 04:57:54 pm Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>> > Just swapped my Comcast DCH3400 for a newer DCX3400. I see an entry for
>> > DCX3200 but not 3400 in the myth setup menu.
>> > Is there any info on getting the 3400 to work over firewire?
>> > I'm running the trunk.
>> You might be able to get it to work with another setting. When I set up my
>> DCX3200-M in MythTV 0.21, there was no matching setting in the setup menu.
>> selected whatever seemed closest at the time and then told Myth to use an
>> external channel-change script. This script in turn called a modified
>> of the 6200ch program, the source code for which ships with MythTV. I just
>> needed to add some FireWire IDs to the source code so that the program
>> recognize my cable box. This worked fine, and in fact I've not tried doing
>> anything else with 0.22.
>> Rod Smith
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Ubuntu 9.10
> Mythtv .22 fixes
> I also have a DCX3400 that shows as a DCX3425 in the actual software menu
> on the cable box. I am trying to get mine to work via firewire as well. I
> tried about all the settings available in mythtv-setup and have not been
> able to get the video stream to work yet. It does detect it so that is
> promising. Does anyone have a working setup with this device that they can
> share for us?
> For the channel changing script: Can you please elaborate on adding
> Firewire IDs? I tried adding in:
> #define DCT3425_VENDOR_ID1 0x00002210
> #define DCT3425_MODEL_ID1 0x0000e726
> to the 6200ch.c and recompiling but still get the same error or:
> $ sudo ./6200ch -n 0 -v 802
> starting with node: 0
> node 0: vendor_id = 0x00002210 model_id = 0x0000e726
> node 1: vendor_id = 0x00001e8c model_id = 0x00000000
> Could not find Motorola DCT-6200 on the 1394 bus.
> $ plugreport
> Host Adapter 0
> Node 0 GUID 0x002210fffe4a7b9b
> oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
> oPCR online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
> channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
> iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2
> Node 1 GUID 0x001e8c0001e1950c
> libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
> libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR
I am guessing this box just can't be tuned. I haven't had any luck changing
channels at all and it seems nobody else has either. Bummer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users