[mythtv-users] Keeping IMDB Number

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Mar 15 20:26:48 UTC 2010

Hello fellow Mythtv users,

I have heard that we will be switching to tmdb numbers in the mythvideo
section for the next version of mythtv.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be a way to keep the imdb
numbers in the database so that I don't lose that info. I have extracted
some data from my mythvideo table so that in case i lose my db or
whatever, i can re-import the user ratings that i originally got from
imdb on previous versions of mythtv. Since I feel that the user ratings
are much more accurate on imdb vs tmdb where the number of votes is very
low most of the time, i want to be able to do my tmdb update where it
gets all the movie info and pictures from their website, then run my
imdb script like i do now to import those user ratings from my csv file.

Right now, my script just matches the imdb number from my csv file with
that in the db, but since the new version of myth won't use imdb
numbers, my script won't work.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I realize fully why they're
switching to tmdb numbers (imdb isn't used anymore, so why keep their
number system), but i don't want to lose the valuable user ratings i've
accumulated over time.

-Thanks for any help
-Steve