[mythtv-users] another nvidia patch for g210/gt220/gt240 & alsa

Greg Zornetzer gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 22:30:45 UTC 2010

Hi all,
Just as I was going to try to upgrade my box to allow audio through HDMI,
the xbmc wiki is down :P
However, I noticed that the alsa mailing list has recently received some
traffic regarding this issue.  It looks like support may get into the main
alsa tree soon.  Take a look at
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2010-March/025791.html
and the other mails in the thread.  It's currently unclear to me how
different this patch is from the existing patch on the xbmc forums, or if it
will require the enable-msi and other module options.  Please note that the
email that I linked won't work for the gt220, there's another patch in the
thread that enables proper detection of this card.  I'm going to give this a
shot.  Has anyone else messed with this?
Thanks,
-Greg