[mythtv-users] Theme Competition Voting Now Open

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 21:10:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Forwarding to -users list for anyone here who wants to try out the themes
> with MythTV trunk...
>
> Hello users,
>
> Voting for the theme competition is now open!  You can see the
> competition voting site here:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/theming-competition
>
> We have three eligible themes in the competition:  Childish, a 4:3
> theme aimed at children from Michael Lynch, LCARS, a theme inspired by
> a popular Science Fiction franchise by Gary Butters, and TransBlue, a
> clean blue colored theme from Reto Wechner.
>
> Some things to remember:
>
> * These themes will only work properly against current trunk.  They
> will not work with .22.  Votes based on your experience with them in
> .22 would be unfair as they use different formats for several of the
> widgets.

I have been looking forward to looking at these themes and to the
competition. I must admit I haven't followed every thread about it as
I didn't intend to write a theme, I have just been looking forward to
seeing the work of more talented artists!

However the fact that you have to be running trunk must surely limit
the usefulness, there will not be many who can or are prepared to do
that, compared to the number running 0.22. (Hell I am still running
0.21 in production and 0.22 on a test machine!).