[mythtv-users] questions on scte65scan and mySQL

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun Mar 14 17:51:09 UTC 2010

On 3/14/2010 12:47 PM, Justin Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Ben Kamen<bkamen at benjammin.net>  wrote:
>> On 3/14/2010 3:23 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>>
>>> Try again, without the password in the command line:
>>>
>>> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverge<  ComCast-install.sql
>>>
>>> (there's not supposed to be a space between the argument and the value
>>> for -p, but it's really never a good idea to provide the password on the
>>> command line, anyway).
>>
>> Did that (in some form -- except the -u as all one word) and got:
>>
>> ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' to database
>> 'mythconverge'
>>
>> both as root and user mythtv
>>
>> I did look in my Mythtv settings to double check and see that they are
>> indeed those values...
>>
>> I tried without the -u flag as used mythtv... and so on.
>>
>> (raising eyebrows)
>>
>>   -Ben
>>
>> --
>> Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
>> =============================================================================
>> Email: bkamen AT benjammin DOT net              Web:
>> http://www.benjammin.net
>>

> Try this, the db is 'mythconverg'. I know that I need the username
> specified on my db along with the password.
>
> mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg<  ComCast-install.sql

tried that:

ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' to database 'mythconverge'

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Email: bkamen AT benjammin DOT net              Web: http://www.benjammin.net

Fortune says:
Once, there was NO fun ... This was before MENU planning, FASHION
statements or NAUTILUS equipment ... Then, in 1985 ... FUN was
completely encoded in this tiny MICROCHIP ... It contain 14,768 vaguely
amusing SIT-COM pilots!!  We had to wait FOUR BILLION years but we
finally got JERRY LEWIS, MTV and a large selection of creme-filled
snack cakes!