[mythtv-users] Volume normalization

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Sat Mar 13 09:46:48 UTC 2010

On 3/13/10 10:38 , Joachim Langenbach wrote:
> Good morning,
> is there a way to normalize audio of Videos, Music, DVD's and TV?
> I think it would be a greate feature. Espacially because of the advertisements
> and the difference between speech and shooting or other action scenes
> continuous adjusting of volume is needed.
> Did someone know how to set it up in mythtv or how do you think this feature
> should be implemented?
> Joachim
There's been discussions on this in the past (check the archives) but
the biggest issue (esp with ads) is that the *actual* sound volume stays
the same, and only the perceived volume goes up, so there's really very
little that can be done to counter that...

(For all the sound-tecnhnicality die-hards: I know, this is very
simplified, but I think it still covers the essence)