[mythtv-users] Can't read edid all of the sudden

Paul Kendall paul at kcbbs.gen.nz
Sat Mar 13 00:04:02 UTC 2010

> So.... Any way I can use this information to feed that to the nvidia
> driver?

Yes, cut that raw EDID and extension and paste it into a hex editor
to get a raw edid file which you would put in /etc/X11/edid.bin.

If you need a hand with this I can do it for you and email it to you.

> What is the correct incantation of "useEDID" etc to get Xorg to use a
> custom modeline?

and put this in the screen section of your xorg.conf file
Option         "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/edid.bin"

You may have to change DFP-0 to whatever the screen is.

> --Yan

Paul