[mythtv-users] Recommendations for Satellite Provider in North America

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Fri Mar 12 13:19:06 UTC 2010

On 03/12/2010 05:19 AM, Mark wrote:
> Ozzy Lash wrote:
[deleted]

> I have Dish, my neighbors have Directv. I've seen them both for about
> 10-12 years. I believe the costs are about the same, the HD boxes are
> about the same,
> the dishes are about the same, etc. They're very competitive. You should
> probably select them based on what channels you want, and/or what deals
> you can get.
[deleted]

I've used DirecTV for almost 10 years now, the last 5 or so with MythTV.
  One nice thing about the DirecTV settop boxes is that they can be
controlled via a USB/Serial port connection, as an alternative to IR
control.

Although, as the previous poster mentioned, you can get very reliable
results using IR as well.