[mythtv-users] OT: Formula 1 season starts this sunday.

Robert Shields rwshields at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 20:24:37 UTC 2010

The SSD thread is at least technical in nature, so I don't really consider
it completely off topic (some might find the information helpful to their
setups).

I am fairly new to the list, so I know my opinion carries no weight, but I
don't see the problem with technically related threads (SSD issues, video
card questions, etc.).  At the same time I agree Ryan: threads about TV
shows or trying to sell their old components are probably misplaced on this
list.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 14:17 -0500, ryan patterson wrote:
> >>
> >> What does this have to do with MythTV?
> >
> > Hear hear!  Amen!  And all that.
>
> Of the 10 most recent threads in this mailing list in my gmail window,
> 3 are off topic, whether that ratio is good or bad depends on your
> tolerance. I tend to just ignore stuff I don't want to read, I have
> 5599 threads with unread messages in mythtv-users.
>
> The 10:
>
> Mythcenter menus‎ -  On
>
> ComCast Champaign finally transmitting scte56 codes‎ On
>
> viewer falls asleep with the EPG open - plasma burn in concerns‎  On
>
> Where to sell old HTPC's?‎  Off
>
> OT: Formula 1 season starts this sunday.‎ - Off
>
> IEEE-1394 Woes‎          On
>
> SSD issues‎ -  Off
>
> Massive Lineup Shift - Best way to handle?‎ On
>
> windows frontend on aspire revo?‎ -   On
>
> OSD on known multiplex‎ - On

Rob Shields
Email: rwshields at gmail.com
CWRU Computer Science PhD Student