[mythtv-users] ALSA audio conflict w/ Boxee/HuluDesktop

Tony Bones aabonesml at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 02:04:41 UTC 2010

I'm running into this problem now as well.  hdmi audio out works from within
mythtv (both analog and ac3 pass-through) but sound won't work in
huludesktop when launched from within mythtv or as standalone.  Could you
explain your solution again?  I had hulu working with spdif output, but i
recently changed to hdmi output.  I have mythfrontend setup to use ALSA:hdmi
and have unchecked the spdif output checkboxes, so myth is working fine.

I'm still running myth 0.21, and am on gentoo 2.6.31 and alsa 1.0.20 with
intel G45 chipset.

Would appreciate any help,
Tony