[mythtv-users] MythVideo deleted everyting in videometadata

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 03:31:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Krzysztof Adamski <k at adamski.org> wrote:

> Yes, it is the same path on the both FE and BE, the video files are
> local on one FE and NFS mounted on the other FE and BE (but I guess it
> does not matter that they are also visible on the BE).
>
> At first the files were visible in mythvideo on both FEs, but after the
> scan of the NFS FE they become invisible, a scan on the local FE found
> them, but they stayed invisible on the NFS FE.
> After I restored the videometadata table, the files are visible in
> mythvideo on the local FE but not on the NFS FE.

So, on the machine that doesn't see the files in Mythfrontend are you
absolutely certain you have gone into Setup >Media Settings >Video
Settings >General Settings and set the location of the 'Directories
that hold videos' to '/file-store/mythvideo/video'?

You said you were not using Storage Groups, and if not, you do need to
set the paths on that setup page for each FE machine.

Frank