[mythtv-users] MythVideo deleted everyting in videometadata

Krzysztof Adamski k at adamski.org
Wed Mar 10 01:54:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 13:56 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Krzysztof Adamski <k at adamski.org> wrote:

> >> Can the user who is running the frontend see the files?
> >
> > All files and directories are world readable (-rw-r--r--).
> > This worked with 0.21 from the same FE.
>

> 1. Just to be sure go into the directory as the user running the
> mythfrontend process and type ls -l
>
> 2. Are you running storage groups for mythvideo? If so you don't need
> to mount over nfs. Is your system confused over storage groups plus a
> mount. I find this area rather confusing myself, but there is a
> transition howto in the wiki that may be worth reading:

I didn't configure storage groups for video since I like using mplayer
to watch videos.
The user I use for the frontend on the nonworking FE has full access to
the video files.

Something new and weird is now happening. I restored the videometadata
table and I can see all the videos on the FE that has them local, but on
the second FE that NFS mounts them, mythvideo shows no files, yet the
log file shows
2010-03-09 20:51:02.487 MythVideo::ScanVideoDirectory Scanning
(/file-store/mythvideo/video)
this is the correct path. When I go there I can play any video with
mplayer.