[mythtv-users] Miro / CentOS5

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 00:57:20 UTC 2010

I've been thread/google digging, but can't seem to find a way to get
Miro up and running on Centos5. RPMForge has packages, but they seem
to be failing on  libgtkembedmoz.so (GTK embeded mozilla?)

miro-1.0-1.el5.rf.x86_64 from rpmforge has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: libgtkembedmoz.so()(64bit) is needed by
package miro-1.0-1.el5.rf.x86_64 (rpmforge)
Error: Missing Dependency: libgtkembedmoz.so()(64bit) is needed by
package miro-1.0-1.el5.rf.x86_64 (rpmforge)

Granted that's a VERY old version of Miro (Which may be the problem)
but I can't get the newer versions to compile, so I'm stuck.

I'm running CentOS5.4 on my backend, and unlikely to change any time
soon, since it's rock solid stable. I would like to get Miro pushing
things into myth however.

Suggestions? Ideas? Directions on how you made it work for you?

-thanks in advance.