[mythtv-users] Hard Drive reliability esp. RAID issues

Graham Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Tue Mar 9 23:22:19 UTC 2010

> You can avoid some of the random
> write penalty by extending the stripe cache.

Any suggestions on how to tune it? Last year I spend a couple of weeks
digging thru docs on tuning RAID/ext3 file systems, and didn't come up with
anything too solid. I'm about to start building another file server,
basically the same, but with 1TB drives, rather than 500GB ones, and I'd
like it to be a little faster. If I can get it faster, I am good with moving
everything over to it temporarily, and rebuilding the 500GB server too.