[mythtv-users] corrupt audio with time stretch and SPDIF passthrough

Andrew mythtv at heathsworld.com
Mon Mar 8 14:47:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Andrew <mythtv at heathsworld.com> wrote:
> > I finally got my digital audio to my receiver working and now I have
> dolby
> > digital now.  However to my disappointment I cannot use time stretch in
> this
> > mode.  I use time stretch on *every* recording I watch and mostly watch
> > shows in 1.4X.  When I try to play back anything over 1.0x I get all
> > static.  Can someone please tell me if this is possible to use time
> stretch
> > and digital audio?
>

> It is certainly possible to use time stretch with spdif out. However
> my recordings are not ac3 or dts, it's 2 channel mp2 (from a dvb-s
> recording).

I can't get it to work on any video source, even 2 channel.  The second I
increase the time stretch higher than 1.0X it goes all static.  I have to
exit the recording to fix because even moving back to 1.0X will not fix the
audio.  This happens when I am trying to play anything.  A DVD that is 5.1
AC3, TV superbowl recording that is 5.1, or any recording that is 2 channel
audio.  In order to watch my shows above 1.0X I need to take the check boxes
off for "Enable AC3 and DTS to SPDIF passthrough".  Then it works fine at
any speed though the sound is truly 2 channel and that is not any fun at all
when you have all the hardware to decode AC3/DTS.  Hopefully someone here
has some experience with this because it seems like mythtv should be able to
do it.