[mythtv-users] EPG / scheduling data and multiple tuners

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:34:50 UTC 2010

I have a question about how guide data should be configured for tuners.

I currently have 1 NTSC tuner, and 3 ATSC tuners.  All 3 ATSC tuners
should be able to see the same channels (maybe), and the NTSC has
slightly different channels.

I don't have schedules direct set up yet... still deciding what to do
about that.  But for now, I'm using EPG on the ATSC tuners.

Should I be configuring each tuner for EPG?  Or should I just be
configuring 1 tuner for EPG, and leave the others unset?

Likewise, if I set up schedules direct, or some xml thing, do I
configure each of the 4 tuners with that?  It seems strange to me that
I need to enter the same configuration data in 4 different tuners.

Thanks,

Dan