[mythtv-users] corrupt audio with time stretch and SPDIF passthrough

Andrew mythtv at heathsworld.com
Mon Mar 8 03:19:22 UTC 2010

I finally got my digital audio to my receiver working and now I have dolby
digital now.  However to my disappointment I cannot use time stretch in this
mode.  I use time stretch on *every* recording I watch and mostly watch
shows in 1.4X.  When I try to play back anything over 1.0x I get all
static.  Can someone please tell me if this is possible to use time stretch
and digital audio?  It's just not the same without the 5.1 DD.

Here are my settings (only way I have found to make digital audio work)

KUbuntu
Motherboard P6T Deluxe V2
Sparkle HDMI video card running audio and video the my receiver

ALSA:Default
ALSA:iec958:{ AES0 0x02 }
Audio channels: Stereo (because 5.1 setting doesn't work here)
Upmix: Active Linear
Enable AC3 and DTS to SPDIF passthroughs are both checked.

This mode works fine and my receiver shows it is decoding properly until I
go to 1.1X time stretch.

Thanks in advance.