[mythtv-users] vdpau - frame jitters after recent upgrade

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 01:54:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM, nik gibson <nik.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I've been happily running mythtv 0.22 with vdpau and an HD-PVR and watching
> HD content with no issues.  Recently I started experiencing frame jitters in
> some HD recordings which has made HD unwatchable.  I see tons of the
> following errors in the mythfrontend log:
> [h264_vdpau @ 0x13146e0]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably
> corrupt input), discarding one
> and also tons of:
> 2010-03-06 21:50:18.848 [h264_vdpau @ 0x13146e0]mmco: unref short failure
> 2010-03-06 21:50:18.848 [h264_vdpau @ 0x13146e0]illegal short term buffer
> state detected
> If I exit the video and then go back in the video will be ok for a couple
> minutes and then encounter another error and then the problem will start
> again until I exit.
> Did something in a recent upgrade occur to make this happen?

Some changes did go in related to the h264 decoder but they shouldn't
have caused those type of errors. If possible, please try a previous
version on the problematic recordings to see if the messages go away.
Also you can try another player and see if the they play correctly. If
you still believe it's related to a recent change then create a ticket
and attach a sample. You can upload to filebin.ca for files up to
50MB. The following command will output the first 50MB of the video:

dd if=input.mpg of=sampe.mpg bs=1024 count=50000

Regards.

--
Taylor