[mythtv-users] Revo 1600 de-interlacing and "ignorance"

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 18:33:57 UTC 2010

I have been using this box for a while, and watched the olympics, etc
on it and it has pleased me overall.

Today is the first day since that I have watched a live sporting event
(hockey) on it since the olympics.  I am running
2:0.22.0-fixes23604-0ubuntu7 from the avenard repo with the nvidia
195.36.08-0ubuntu3 drivers.

Using the temporal 2x deinterlacer in 1080i is almost unwatchable.
Setting it to bob2x is non-jerky, but blurry/pixelated as hell..

I might have never watched anything with so much motion to notice it
before, so I cannot say for sure 100%.

Is anyone else seeing this?  I always had mine set to the vdpau slim
profile (using bob), but switched to vdpau normal (temporal) after
reading a few posts.  It appears that vdpau slim is the only way to go
for high motion 1080i material on this box.

Can someone confirm or deny this.  I have only installed one update to
myth since the olympics, so I am not sure if that may be it.

If in fact it can get no better, I will have to switch from the revo
to something else for sure.

Thanks,

Greg