[mythtv-users] Is there a key to simply Exit?

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Fri Mar 5 00:23:12 UTC 2010

I've been through the key editor, at least the key editor in
mythfrontend, a few times, and I find no "Exit" key or action.

I'm trying to make an "appliance" frontend.  It suspends to RAM quite
nicely (and quickly) and wakes on the power button of an RC6 remote
control.  I'd like to be able to use that same button to turn the
machine "off" - really back into suspend-to-ram.  Right now it's "get
back to the main menu, the one more escape, down one, the select".

Maybe simply stacking keypresses in LIRC would do the job, though I
don't know how to do that, either.  Still, "Get out NOW" would be
better.  I'm figuring I can script mythfrontend in some sort of loop so
when it exists it suspends-to-ram.

Other suggestions welcome - the goal here is "appliance" - as close to
acting like a DVD player or Tivo as possible.

Thanks,
Dale