[mythtv-users] TeVii S460 vs. S464

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 22:10:53 UTC 2010

On 03/04/2010 09:17 PM, Cecil Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 7:56 AM, David Kubicek <foceni at gmail.com
 >
>     Does anyone here use TeVii S464? Is it any different from S460? Any
>     extra steps / alternative drivers / non-fw binary blobs required?
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S2_Devices
> If that fails, you may want to try the mailing list.
> http://linuxtv.org/lists.php

Not that old crap again. :) I know what I want, I've been through a
couple of different manufacturers and helped several people get theirs.
I think I know just about every goddamn list of supported cards there is
(including linuxtv.org, of course). Those cards are all prehistoric,
some don't even support signal monitoring, etc. The situation is
generally nothing short of abysmal. There's just one chipset I'd go for,
really.

My question was strictly about the new TeVii. I'm not looking for any
alternatives, but thank you anyway.

--
David Kubicek