[mythtv-users] Filesystem type / partition layout advice?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 18:53:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Donald J. Organ IV
<dorgan at donaldorgan.com>wrote:

> What type of partitioning schema would everyone recommend for a 750GB
> single drive to be used in a combined FE/BE system.

Get a second drive to use as an OS drive and just use the default
partitioning for your distribution.  There are alot of cases where I've
found that having your database on the same spindle as your data can be very
problematic for performance.  Getting a smaller drive to use for your OS
will eliminate this and then you can create one giant 750GB partition/mount
for your recordings.

Kevin