[mythtv-users] Good Frontend

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Thu Mar 4 17:40:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 07:22:53AM +0000, Ian Oliver wrote:

> In article <20100302191031.GA8202 at mishnet.org>, Jedi wrote:
> > The good thing about the Revo and the Asrock 330 is the clearly
> > marked power switches. This makes it pretty easy to power these
> > things off when you are not using them. So if you are worried about
> > a fan running all night in your bedroom, you can just shut it off.
>
> I suspend my R3600s via the remote. It's then completely quiet but
> flashes a SERIOUSLY bright blue light. Said blue light will shortly be
> terminated with extreme prejudice.

Haha. Indeed, these lights can be extremely annoying.

I had to open the frontend in my bedroom to be able to take care of
some of these annoying lights since they were not allowing me to sleep.
A few lights were just a simple case of pulling wires coming from the
motherboard. However, there was a darn LED, very bright, that was
surface-mounted on the motherboard. The light it produced was pretty
annoying, and I had to put electrical tape on top of it to be able to
kill it ;-)

Eloy Paris.-