[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10

Corne Beerse cbeerse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 07:18:21 UTC 2010

sharifah ummu kulthum schreef:
> Hi guys, anyone running mythbuntu 9.10?
>
> I got this link
> <http://bensdrivel.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/mythbuntu-9-04-vs-9-10/>,
> saying that channel scanning using mythtv backend setup is broke? is
> it true?
>
> Ummu

For The Netherlands (pal country) I can confirm that channel scanning
for analog tv is broken in mithbuntu 9.10 (and ubuntu 9.10 with myth tv
from the repositories, which is essentially the same).

However, you donnot need the channel scanning, you can also set the
channels manually. Just dig the frequencies and insert them in mythtv.

My best way was to insert a couple of those channels using the backup
setup tool. After that and you have confirmed they work, best to open
mythweb in a webpage and there scan for the page where the channels are
configured. THere you have a large table where you can relative quick
insert the numbers. HOWEVER: WITHOUT CHECKS so be carefull.

If you have sql experience, it can even be faster, just download
(capture) the table of frequencies, update/reorder them in a spreadsheet
and then insert them in the proper tables. However, this is not for
novices...

CBee