[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Issues

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 16:53:35 UTC 2010

On 3/3/2010 10:48 AM, Alan Young wrote:
> You should be able to change them with the v4l2-ctl command.  And as
> root, I think you can change them by echoing the value into the file.
> To set the defaults when the driver loads, they are set through module
> parms.  Where the parms are specified I think it might depend on the
> distribution.  For Fedora, I have a file in /etc/modprobe.d.  I call
> it hdpvr.conf and it looks like:
>
> options hdpvr default_audio_input=2 default_video_input=0

Ok, I'm on Fedora for my server as well, so I should be able to add it
fairly easily, but it won't be until tomorrow evening until I can do so.

> After you make that change, you can rmmod and modprobe the hdpvr
> driver to pick up the change and then restart mythbackend or just
> reboot the box.
>
> I also have the settings in mythtv-setup for the device set to match
> the module parm settings.

I will also double check these as well.  I would have though input
selection (audio or video) would have been under complete program control.

>> I'm not hearing any audio now. I checked the SPDIF cable and it is lit
>> up and in the right port. The USB cable has not been changed.
>
> That could be due to module parms not specifying the correct inputs.

If not, I suppose I could try analog audio and see if that works.  The
backend isn't anywhere near my TV or the receiver with SPDIF input, so
it is hard to test if the component output or SPDIF is working.  I'll
have to move the cable box.  So that may take me a while to troubleshoot.
>> Did one of the updates change something? This used to work. I'm a bit
>> lost.
>
> Not sure.  Have you installed new updates?
I usually don't check the server often, but when I do, I usually install
all of the backlogged automatic updates, so I'm sure I did at some
point.  If that's what broke it, then I'd be hard pressed to know when
or which one.  To tell the truth, I record a lot more than I actually
watch, only watching anything maybe one day a week.  But when I do
watch, I want to watch something good. :^)

Thanks for all the help, I should be able to let you know if it paid off
tomorrow, or this weekend at the latest.

Jeff.
--
I haven't smoked for 3 years, 6 months and 2 weeks, saving $5,825.53 and
not smoking 38,836.92 cigarettes.