[mythtv-users] working vonageSniff.pl

Charles Wright cpwright at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 13:13:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:00 PM, sdkovacs <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've decided to try and use vonagesniff.pl with the intent of having
> CallerID information displayed while watching MythTv, but I'm having
> no luck getting it to work. I can see the traffic coming into port
> 10000 using tcpdump, but the perl script doesn't seem to work. Does
> anyone have a recent, working version?

Steve,

Do you see the INVITEs?  In my case, I only have access to the 180
Ringing's so I changed my script to use those instead.

I also need to run arpspoof so that my Mythbox will get all of the traffic:

arpspoof -i eth0 192.168.1.1 >/dev/null 2>&1 &

/usr/local/bin/vonageSniff.pl -D

Mine hacked up version doesn't 100% work because I also get my
outgoing calls displayed.  I could probably use a better filter, or
just filter out based on number before displaying, but it hasn't
really been a high priority.

Charles