[mythtv-users] lirc (usb) stops working after a while (hal issue?)

Simon Ferber simon at ist-schlau.de
Wed Mar 3 09:30:05 UTC 2010

Hello,

I found a strange behaviour I can't stop: If MythTV is up and running
and nobody uses it for a while (e.g. 30 minutes), the remote isn't
working at all. If I push the power button (at the PC, not the one on
the remote) very shortly, it starts working again as if nothing
happened. The logs doesn't show any change though.
As the workaround "pushing the power button" always solved it temporary,
I think it's caused by the hal power management. I tried to add
usbcore.autosuspend=-1, but the behaviour didn't change.
Or does xorg with it's event interface blocks the remote?

Has anyone seen such problem and can give me a tip?
I am out of ideas for now. :-(

Thanks and regards
Simon