[mythtv-users] mpeg4 on Ion ?

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 23:39:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:
> MPEG4 in VDPAU is a quite new feature and I think it only works on the G2xx
> cards. I don't think the ION has the proper hardware for it. Transcode to
> h264, and it should work fine. I don't know if there is a default setting in
> Myth to do that though, you might have to set it up yourself.

Does anyone have a 'how-to' to transcode to h.264 and replace the
standard recording in myth, keeping the commflag positions, etc.

I have a user job that I use (using ffmpeg) to create a h.264 version
for my iPod, but I would prefer to use the 'built-in' mythtranscode if
I could - replacing the original file and keeping my commflag
positions if possible (rather than doing the actual cuts which
sometimes brings in a/v sync errors or gets the cuts slightly wrong).