[mythtv-users] Revo 1600 HDMI Audio

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Tue Mar 2 17:49:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> Have you checked that it is actually the RAM that caused the problem? IOW
> pull
> the new RAM out and see if sounds goes back to working?
>
> Often when opening a case you cause problems you didn't intend to cause,
> but
> if it works under XP it doesn't sound like a hardware problem.

The RAM itself isn't the issue, but allocating 512MB to the video card
rather than 256MB seems to be the issue. I can have the RAM in the system,
but if the buffer size is set to 512MB, audio doesn't work. Bummer.  I added
the extra 512MB to be able to increase the video buffer and get past some
occasional VDPAU initialization failures.

Does anyone else have a Revo 1600 with 2GB RAM, and the video buffer set to
512MB with working audio over HDMI? That would be my next step, I guess...

    Thanks!

--
    --Matt