[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Issues

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 13:39:27 UTC 2010

On 3/2/2010 12:09 AM, Alan Young wrote:
> I'd check to see if the signal coming into the HDPVR is good.  Can you
> hook up the inputs to a TV or a monitor to verify?    You could also
> try hooking up a TV or monitor to the pass through, but it's never
> been clear to me if that's the same output from the capture.  But it
> might help indicate if the problem is with the HDPVR.

I don't have a TV in my server room, but the during the 10 seconds it
works, it gets audio and video.

> Are your HDPVR module parameters correct for the inputs?  For
> component input,  the parm is default_video_input=0 and for SPDIF
> default_audio_input=2.  You can check the current settings by looking
> at files/parms under /sys/module/hdpvr/parameters.

This is the first I've ever heard of there even being such parameters to
look at or change.  Where is this documented?  I'm at work now, I'll
have to check these tonight when I get home.  Although it has worked in
the past.

> You can also try loading the module with hdpvr_debug parm set to a
> non-zero value.  A value of 1 should give some extra debug info in the
> syslog.
>
> Do you get any messages in the mythbackend log?  You might want to try
> starting that with -v record,audio,important or -v most and see if
> that gives any insight when you start a recording.

I tried to send a second message last night with output from -v record
and -v all, but it was blocked because it was too big.  I'll have to try
something a bit less verbose tonight and send again.

Jeff.

--
I haven't smoked for 3 years, 6 months and 1 week, saving $5,820.44 and
not smoking 38,802.94 cigarettes.