[mythtv-users] canceled recording (Recorder Failed) mystery

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Tue Mar 2 02:16:52 UTC 2010

The first failure Canceled recording (Recorder Failed): XXI Winter doesn't
seem to have any obvious error. I would recommend checking
/var/log/messages for any errors around the failed recording time and
dmesg output. I'm unlikely to be able to help with this one.

The second error Excessive channel change retries, commanded 202 got 247
is the script failing. It commanded the box to switch to 202 but it stayed
on 247.

Did you test the modified script with box_type H21? That uses a
different command so may work.

Also at one point you were testing the script without the setup channel.
Did that always work or did you sometimes get the wrong channel?

If the H21 doesn't fix the problem is their any way you can directly
hook a TV to your box so you can see what is happening during a failed
channel change?