[mythtv-users] revo 3600, vdpau, bbc hd stutters

James Thorpe james at tfxsoft.com
Mon Mar 1 15:15:01 UTC 2010

On 25/02/2010 17:18, Greg Cope wrote:
> On 25 February 2010 16:32, James Thorpe<james at tfxsoft.com>  wrote:
>
>> Yes - bumped it up to 512. BBC HD from freesat through a nova HD s2 - now
>> looks good using the "normal" profile.
>>
> Is that a USB device?
>
> Are you using a revo?
>
> Interested as I have a sat dish, Revo (USB only, no PCI cards, by a
> mini-PCI I could use) and am thinking about freesat/BBC HD.
>
> Greg

Sorry, no - it's a PCI card from Hauppage in a separate backend.

One other thing to ask in this thread - I'm still seeing slight
juddering on panning backgrounds (like it's missing frames, rather than
stuttering - the audio is fine), I'm wondering if this has anything to
do with screen refresh rates and video FPS etc - should I start reading
about these?

Thanks,
James.