[mythtv-users] Rebuild system, keep recordings info

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 1 03:09:35 UTC 2010

On 02/28/2010 08:55 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> Yep.  So you restore the /complete/ database, then you use Delete all
>> capture cards (not Delete all capture cards on<hostname>) and Delete all
>> video sources to clean out the bad Input Connections configuration:
>>   http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>>
> Thanks Mike. Looking at this comment, it may be that I can fix my
> failing recordings issue without rebuilding, so I'll give that a try
> first and see how I go.

Even better!  :)

If it is the Input Connections configuration that's the problem, the
procedure I mention above and in the linked post combined with properly
reconfiguring the Input Connections will fix the problem.  Here, "Input
Connections configuration" refers to the video sources, channels
(including tuning information), and capture cards, and card inputs
configuration.

If this approach doesn't help, and you're sure you've reconfigured
things properly, the issue is likely elsewhere (potentially outside of
MythTV--like with the capture cards/drivers/signal).

> Thanks for potentially saving me a lot of unnecessary work!

I hope this approach does just that for you.  Good luck!

Mike