[mythtv-users] Best MS MediaCenter Remote .lircrc for 0.22?

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 02:10:38 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I've been on 0.22 with mythbuntu for several months and I am very happy with
it. I recently had my system drive die (fortunately all media is on other
drives) and I replaced it and reloaded 0.22. This gives me the opportunity
to make any little tweaks I'd like before I put it back in front of the
family.

I'm not particularly thrilled with the .lircrc file for the newer usb based
microsoft media center remote I use. I does most of what I need, but I have
to use a keyboard for some things I think should be in the remote. For
instance, you cannot get the menu to appear in the video manager in order to
scan for new media. The info button does nothing in this screen. You also
have no way to hit "w" in order to load metadata/images etc for new media.

I've tried inserting custom commands, but nothing has worked. It seems my
system just ignores my changes.

Does anyone have a .lircrc file they like, that covers the little issues I
am seeing that they would be OK to share?

Thanks!

Joseph Borne

Office/Home/Mobile 513.549.5133