[mythtv-users] .24 Audio results: mixed

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Mon Jun 28 18:52:27 UTC 2010

On 06/28/2010 01:01 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 28 June 2010 17:10, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:

> IF you are using my repo, trunk packages are compiled with debug on,
> you only need to install the mythtv-dbg (can't remember the name of
> the exact package) package..

The repositories I'm using are:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.24/ubuntu
http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.24/ubuntu (Source Code)

Though I don't believe I have any source code installed.
I do not know whose repositories those are

> How to run mythfrontend within gdb is explained on www.mythtv.org in
> the how to report a bug.
>
> Something like:
> gdb mythfrontend.real
> set arg -v audio
> run
>
> once it crashes, type
> bt
>
> and post back the report...

I did not find any how-to on bug reporting.
What I did find was this:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging

I'm using Ubuntu, and the stuff in "Basic Backtrace" was already done.

The stuff in "Advanced Retrace" does not appear to be what you want.

By searching for "gdb" I found a link to this:

This looks like what you want. I'll hold off on implementing it since I don't yet know if I am running a debugging build (and
don't know how to determine that).