[mythtv-users] HDMI wont do analog sound (0.23)

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 23:14:47 UTC 2010

My picture has been n flickering and I discovered that the HDMI cable going
from myth to receiver was bad. So I ordered a new one from monoprice and
plugged all my devices into the TV directly in the meanwhile.

I quickly discovered that 5.1 did not work with the TV and switched to
stereo. No sweat.  But even that only works with the digital channels.
Anything recorded from analog wont play sound. Just video. Obviously this is
no dire emergency. I will be getting a new hdmi cable on Tuesday.  But I am
curious as to why.

Thanks
JR