[mythtv-users] Broken recordedseek table - what next?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Jun 26 15:57:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 17:43 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> > ).  If you simply truncate the table, you can do a full restore (much
> > preferred approach) and then just run mythcommflag --rebuild on all your
> > recordings to create new seek tables.
>
> is there an easy way to do that, eg a script or something?

I'm assuming you've already replaced the hard drive, since it will
continue to kill data when mounted read/write in it's current state.

You can rebuild all your seek-tables using this:

for I in *.mpg *.nuv ; do mythcommflag --rebuild --file $I ; done

Just run it in each video directory. This assumes you run bash as
your shell, if not just run "bash" first, run this command, then type
exit to run under your preferred shell. bash is the default on most
Linux distributions.

-- Daniel