[mythtv-users] can't shutdown from frontend after recent 0.23-fixes update?

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 01:46:50 UTC 2010

Hello,

After a recent update of 0.23-fixes (don't know the original rev, but the
new one is r25154) I lost the ability to shutdown my remote,  diskless
frontend with the system exit key.  It's set to "esc", and if I hit "esc"
from the main menu I do get the 3-item dialog box (Are you sure you want to
exit? No, Yes, Yes and Shutdown).

"No" indeed cancels, and "Yes" indeed closes mythfrontend.  "Yes and
Shutdown does" nothing (neither exits mythfrontend nor shuts down the
system).

Any hints?  I haven't changed any settings so I'm guessing something changed
underneath me when i updated the myth packages.  I'm certain I'm not
providing enough information, but I honestly don't know what to provide that
would be relevant.  Here's the full version information:

mythfrontend --version
xprop:  unable to open display ''
MythTV Version   : 25154
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.201000617-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libudev using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

Is there a database setting saying what should happen with the "Yes and
shutdown" exit is selected?  I see a few options for server shutdown scripts
etc, but their descriptions (and names) suggest that they're for shutting
down/waking up remote backends and not frontends.  I'm happy to be told
otherwise though ;)

Thanks,

--Jack