[mythtv-users] Internal DVD Player Buffer Settings

James Walker jameswalker at clear.net.nz
Thu Jun 24 20:08:21 UTC 2010

> Is there a way to increase the size of the video buffers used by Myth's
> internal DVD player?
>
> On my frontend, DVD playback is intermittantly jerky when using the
> internal
> player. However, DVDs play fine with xine on the same hardware after
> increasing buffer size. In /var/lib/mythtv/.xine/config:

I to am looking for the same control over this aspect of the internal
player. I have slight stutters when streaming 1080p mkv content from the
backend. There is no issue with SD content. I feel having the ability to
set a minimum buffer size would be helpful and a general use for people on
networks of varying capability,

Thanks.