[mythtv-users] Recording Priority = 99 not a trump all?

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 01:20:02 UTC 2010

On 06/23/2010 06:02 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Jason Ward <jasonfward at gmail.com
> <mailto:jasonfward at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> I'll throw my 2 cents in since I haven't fully understood how the
> scheduler works and it looks like past information is getting forgotten
> about.
>
> @Douglas
>
> I doubt it is randomly choosing a tuner to use. Likely it is selecting
> the first available tuner, which may be SD. As said before, do
> the "mythbackend -v schedule --testsched"

I have tried this. I was not enlightened.

> @Jason
> IIRC, he said that with no other shows recording, and only one scheduled
> (NCIS), and that show being on 7 different channels at that time, that
> MythTV selected his SD channel over the HD ones. Without any conflicts
> (since there were 0 other shows recording), why did it choose SD?
>

> I've read elsewhere that you need to add the tuners in the backend in a
> specific order. I wonder if the scheduler is selecting tuner #1 (which
> the show is on) which happens to be a SD tuner and then doesn't try any
> others?

A bit more detail: I have NO SD tuners (well, not entirely true, the ATI HDTV Wonder, does have an NTSC SD tuner, but it does
not work due to bugs in the driver. I have filed a bug report, the bug has been confirmed, nothing has yet been done about it).

All the SD channels in this example are digital cable channels on the same tuners where there are also HD versions of the same
channel.

The "option to reschedule higher priority items" was selected. I don't remember setting this. It is now unchecked.