[mythtv-users] Re : Is there a way to activate Video Acceleration API for Intel Ironlake (HD Graphics) on MythTV?

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 20:24:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>wrote:

> Further down on that page, or the 2.11 announcement page there was a link
> to a vaapi enabled version of mplayer.
>
> So you would at least need that.

No you would not.  MythTV does not use mplayer, it uses an internal player,
to which I plan to be adding VAAPI support RealSoonNow (TM).  In the context
of MythTV, mplayer is not required for anything but (IIRC) playback of VCDs.
 It may be useful as a stop-gap solution while I work on the frontend code,
but it is not required.

Just setting things straight.