[mythtv-users] MythNetvision and WMV

auric auric at aanet.com.au
Tue Jun 22 21:48:11 UTC 2010

> [...]
>
> It occurs to me that perhaps I'm not running the latest version (although I
> thought I was taking trunk fixes), I'm on version
> 0.23.0+fixes25145-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu2.
>
>   4) Leave your "media:content" URL as it is now. With the Link changed to
>   a web page and the "media:content" URL being a file link MNV will know
>   that the video can be downloadable and reflect that in its menu for this
>   item. Once downloaded the wmv file can be played by any capable video
>   player.
>
> I tried applying the thumbnail here to an icon I put into the
> %SHAREDIR%/mythnetvision/icons/hirtv.png, but it did not work.  I had no
> indication that the file was downloaded (where would it go?  I couldn't find
> it in any of the /usr/share or /var/lib directories, but I also monitored
> for it with lsof and could not find it.)
>
>   5) For the thumbnail either set the link to your grabber icon for
>   example "%SHAREDIR%/mythnetvision/icons/bbciplayer.jpg" is for the BBC
>   iPlayer icon OR set the URL to the logo on the HirTV web site. It will
>   looks better. The "%SHAREDIR%" will be dynamically resolved by Netvision
>   at display time. You would of course need to create an icon for your
>   grabbers. A base icon is provided in trunk and can be edited with
>   inkscape. See
>   "mythtv/mythplugins/mythnetvision/mythnetvision/icons/mnv_button.svg".
>
> Here I tried to apply this to the thumbnail="" argument to the directory
> tag, but it did not seem to work in that context either.
>
>   In a reply please include the URL (web site or RSS feed) which you are
>   using to create your item data. I may have additional comments in
>   regards to your questions about "wmv" playback.
>
> No problem, I'm not sure if you want  to look at the web site originally or
> look at my source.  What's the policy for posting source to the email list?
> Is there a place to upload it?  I could put it on my page on the wiki.  I'll
> do that for now:
>
> Posted to http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:AW01545
>
> The website I'm filtering to generate the RSS is
> http://www.hirtv.hu/view/videoview/hirado if you want to look at it, but I
> actually drill down to one of the subframes of this page to get the data.
>
> my $baseurl=cleantext("http://www.hirtv.hu");
> my $url=$baseurl . "/?tPath=/view/videoview/hirado&sp=Offer";
> my $cleanurl=cleantext($url);
>
> Note that I fetch make '$url' because for some reason their site chokes if I
> escape the & into &amp;.  So I have '$cleanurl' to pass to the XML for the
> grabber, but $url to pass to LWP to fetch the page I'm going to parse to
> generate the other RSS content.
>
> I'm really excited about this Plugin, I think it's great.  I wonder if I
> might have more insight into what's working and what isn't if I dug into the
> source.  What's the build process like?  Do I have to build and link the
> whole mythtv system to build MythNetvision?  I haven't built from source yet
> at all, I just have been taking the fixes.

FYI. %SHAREDIR%, <player> and <playerargs> are not in 0.23
%SHAREDIR% is in 0.24, not sure about the current state of <player> and
<playerargs>. (Still all beta at this stage)

>From the few lines above I assume you have based your grabber on my twit
perl one and not Doug's python ones. I have some updates which I'm happy
to give you. Won't fix the core issue which is wmv is a problem.

Auric