[mythtv-users] Recording Priority = 99 not a trump all?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jun 22 21:32:02 UTC 2010

Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> says:
> I finally went and disabled all SD channels for which I had HD
> equivalents.

You should have marked them as non-visible in the first place; no
reason to have them visible to you (and, more importantly, the
scheduler) if HD versions are available and are otherwise identical in
every way.

> At the moment, MythTV is scheduled to record two copies of the same
> show on the same channel at the same time on different tuners (one
> on cable, one OTA). The channel numbers are the same and the channel
> names are the same.

Make sure that callsigns--not channel names, not channel
numbers--match for identical channels on different tuners.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg