[mythtv-users] disable a single tuner?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 18:16:13 UTC 2010

On 21 June 2010 18:58, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to disable a single tuner?
>
> I currently have two digital cable boxes, and I want to determine if I
> really need both as most cable shows have multiple broadcasts and my HDHR is
> more than sufficient to cover all the network TV I watch.  It would be
> useful to disable one of them to see what kind of effect that would have on
> the schedule.
>
> I'm using 0.23.

Stop mythbackend, enter mythtv-setup, disconnect the relevant capture
card input from the relevant video source on the Input Connections
page, exit mythtv-setup and restart mythbackend.

This way the capture card and video source are left untouched so you
can quickly reconnect them in the future. There is no way at the
moment to mark an input connection as active/inactive (as you can with
recording rules).

Cheers,
Nick

--