[mythtv-users] ivtv Maximum bitrate

James Crow crow.jamesm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 17:06:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:38 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a limit imposed by the card of a max bitrate? Is some other
>> part of the system not able to handle the bitrate?
>>

> I believe there is an upper limit but this error is caused by your
> system taking too long to process the data at that bitrate. Is your DB
> on the same spindle as where your recordings are stored?
>
> John

No this is a slave backend and the database is on the same computer as
the master backend. This computer has two physical drives. Once for OS
and one for recordings. It has two PCI cards. The PVR-500 and a
currently unused Pinnacle 800i clear-QAM/analog tuner. I would guess
the onboard sound and nic are also sharing the PCI bus. Even with
those things the PCI bus should have more than enough bandwidth. The
hard drive is a seagate 7200 RPM SATA. I think it is 400MB. Should be
able to easily handle two PVR recordings.

Thanks,
James