[mythtv-users] playback stutters after playing for a while

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 03:58:00 UTC 2010

Hi list,

When I playback material captured via firewire, the playback will
begin to stutter after playing for a bit.  I can restart X and
playback the material and it will be fine for a few minutes.  Same
with rebooting or shutting off the computer and restarting it,
although it takes longer for the stuttering to start when I do this.
This is a new issue; I have been playing this material with no
problems for years.  I am using a GeForce 6200 (no xvmc) and a Sempron
3100+.  I know the processor is pushing the limits for HD playback but
as I mentioned, it did work before with virtually no playback issues.
Using the normal playback settings.

Thanks