[mythtv-users] Vuvuzela filter

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 10:15:23 UTC 2010

Hi

On 20 June 2010 19:37, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 20 June 2010 12:34, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> Played with the 0.23-fixes patch today while watching Cameroon v.
>> Denmark today. Didn't really seem to make that much of a difference,
>> seemed to just dull all audio. Wondering if I did something wrong, or
>> if the 0.23 patch just isn't as functional as the trunk one... Or if I
>> just had unrealistic expectations.

Looks like it's the case..

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/14/sportsline/main6580686.shtml

Here is a link of an unfiltered one...
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/videotest/vuvuzela.mpg

The difference is more significant in the last few seconds, when the
Australians are heading toward the goals and the people start
cheering. Without the filter, you can mostly hear the vuvuzelas, with
it, you just get the people cheering..

JY