[mythtv-users] After upgrad 0.21 -> 0.22, backend randomly hangs

Simon Ferber simon at ist-schlau.de
Fri Jun 18 09:38:36 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I have a strange problem. I used to have a pretty stable mythbackend.
Two weeks ago I updated it from 0.21 to 0.22 as the former version
wasn't supported by gentoo anymore.
Since then I see randomly hangs from the backend couple times a day. The
process is still running, but it doesn't respond. Trying to open LiveTV
or "backend status" via web, it (the client) waits forever. The logs
doesn't say anything about what's happening.
I still can browse EPG via mythweb and see some "adding: fe1 as a client
(events: 1)" in the log. So the backend didn't die complete.

Has anyone seen this behaviour? What could I do?

Regards
Simon